Apple Cider Vinegar Oat Autumnal Face Mask
With autumn comes a cold winter chill in the air. This tends to dry out our skin which is why it’s especially important to take optimum care of our skin during the colder months. Luckily for you I have the perfect face mask that will be sure to revive and rejuvenate your skin so that it looks healthy, fresh and glowing!
Apple cider vinegar has anti-inflammatory properties and it consists of acetic acid and alpha hydroxy acid. This means that it is able to exfoliate the skin, absorb excess oils and unblock pores. It also has the power to restore the proper pH levels to your skin.
Makes 4-5 applications
Time: 3-5 minutes
- ¼ cup rolled oats ground to flour in blender
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp apple juice more as needed
- water as needed
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until they reach a spreadable texture.
- Add liquid as needed—the oats will thicken as they sit, so feel free to continue adding liquid (juice or water)
- Spread a thin layer on face and let sit until dry, then wash off and moisturize skin as usual.
*Recipe adapted from Kale and Caramel