Apple cider vinegar summer recipes
What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is made by fermenting apples. To start the fermentation process, you will first need to add water and sugar to apple juice. Once left at room temperature, this will then create an alcohol substance. The ethanol will then be converted into acetic acid by bacteria, and the strands of ‘Mother’ will form.
Why put apple cider vinegar in your food?
ACV is a great alternative to flavouring agents such as salt. Salt can often cause an increase in your cholesterol whereas ACV does quite the opposite! Research suggests that ACV can actually help lower your cholesterol.
Unlike mayonnaise and butter, ACV is fat-free too. An overall healthy alternative to add flavour into your food that also has many health benefits.
Studies show that introducing apple cider vinegar into your daily routine and meals could help with the following:
– Encouraging healthy weight loss
– Helping with lowering cholesterol levels
– May help with reducing blood sugar spikes
– May help ease symptoms of IBS and other digestive issues such as bloating
– Helping with joint pain and arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory properties
And many more.
The benefits of eating organic produce
There are many reasons as to why you should choose to opt for organic produce over non-organic.
It’s better for the planet. At Willy’s, all of our products are organic, meaning that we choose to farm in a way that’s more sustainable and respectful to nature. We work in a way that benefits the health of our soil, air and water. We do all of our farming and production in one site, limiting the use of resources that have been imported and reducing our carbon footprint. Our Orchards have also never been touched by artificial fertilisers or pesticides. We also use the manure from our cows to fertilise the soil.
By consuming organic produce, you will be digesting:
– Fewer pesticides
– No GM ingredients (genetically modified)
– Reduced use of antibiotics
– Nutritionally different food
Why you should have probiotics in your diet
Not only is our apple cider vinegar organic but it’s also a probiotic. You must ensure that you’re getting a healthy dose of probiotics, daily.
The benefits of taking probiotics are:
– They can help treat diarrhoea
– Help to improve symptoms of IBS
– Can boost the immune system
– Can help reduce allergies and inflammation