How To Build A Healthy Habit
Building a new habit into your routine can be a bit tricky, however, there are a few simple things you can do to make it an easier process.
- Start small – experts suggest to start small and then build up your habit. For example if you would like to add a daily walk into your routine then start off by adding a 10 minute walk into your routine and then build this up to your desired length.
- Do it daily – the best way to form a habit is to do it everyday instead of a few times a week. This means it is more likely to stick into your routine. Various studies show that it takes 66 days to form a habit!
- Combine your habits – research shows that the best way to form a new healthy habit is to combine it with an existing habit. Often this is easiest in our morning routine, because this is normally the most set in stone – i.e. you wake up, check your phone, go for a shower, have your morning coffee etc…. For example every morning before your coffee, you could have your daily dose of Willy’s Apple Cider Vinegar to give you that probiotic gut goodness your body will love you for!
- Make it as easy as possible – for example if you’re trying to add your daily dose of Willy’s ACV into your diet then keep your ACV in reachable distance and in eye sight, this means it will be at the forefront of your mind. We’re much more likely to form a new habit when there are limited obstacles in the way.
- Reward yourself – if you want to build a daily run into your routine, why not reward yourself by listening to your favourite playlist or podcast whilst running. Similarly if you want to build your daily dose of ACV into your routine, why not combine it with your favourite juice to make a tasty morning drink, or have one of our shots with a piece of your favourite fruit?
I hope this gave you a bit of inspiration and motivation to building new healthy habits. I found it very easy to build a daily dose of apple cider vinegar into my routine as I knew that my body would love the health benefits I would receive which gave me the motivation to build it into my morning routine!