ANTIOXIDANT BUTTER NUT SQUASH SOUP
3 butternut squash
2 celery sticks
1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
Optional- pumpkin seeds
- Slice squash into thick slices. Cut off the skin and chop into cubes.
- Place the pieces in a roasting dish with a dash of olive oil, salt, rosemary and thyme.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees F, until the chunks are soft and tender.
- While the squash cooks, peel the carrot and finely chop both carrot and celery and place in a pan with one cup of boiling water and cook until they are nice and soft -approximately 12 minutes.
- Place carrots, celery and remaining cooking water into a blender and set aside.
- When the squash is cooked, mix in the blender with the Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Optional: To add a nice crunch, toast pumpkin seeds and garnish over the soup.