Cauliflower & Radish pickles
Homemade pickles are simple, easy and delicious. They’re the perfect little summertime side, with a tangy and refreshing garden-fresh flavour.
Time: 3-7 days
- ½ or full Cauliflower, broken into florets
- 10-12 Radish, quartered
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- 1 Tsp mustard seeds
- 6-8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 750 ml filtered water
- 250 ml raw apple cider vinegar, Willy’s ACV
- Himalaya Salt
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- Outer Cauliflower leaves
- Toast the mustard seeds in a small frying pan over low heat until they begin to pop.
- Add all the vegetables, mustard seeds and bay leaves into a sterilised 2-3 litre glass jar.
- Combine the water, vinegar, salt and honey in a jug and stir to dissolve the salt. Pour the liquid over the vegetables, to just cover. I’ve covered the vegetables with pieces of cauliflower leaves.
- Ensure there is a 5cm gap between the vegetables and the top of the jar to allow for extra liquid released during the fermentation process.
- Cover the jar with a muslin cloth and secure with a rubber band. Place in a cool dark place for 3-7 days, checking after 2 days. After 2 days, check for signs of life: bubbles, clouding. Check every day after. Once you see active bubbles you can place the jar in the fridge, where it will continue to ferment, but much more slowly.
For this recipe, we recommend:
Organic Live Fire Cider Apple Cider Vinegar 500ml£6.95 – £38.00
Organic Live Turmeric & Honey Apple Cider Vinegar 500ml£6.95 – £38.00
Organic Live Apple Cider Vinegar 500ml£6.95 – £38.00