Firecider Bone Broth
Drinks / Sauces
Looking for a gut health kick? Our bone broth recipe will do the trick!
Time: 8 – 24 hours
- 1 cooked chicken carcass or sub 1 kilo of roasted chicken bones (you can use a raw chicken, the flavour will just be less intense + be sure to pick the meat off once the broth is finished
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 finger of ginger *optional
- 1 red chilli *optional
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 tbsp Willy’s Fire Cider Bone Broth
- water to cover
- Place all of the bone broth ingredients into a heavy bottomed stock pot or large pot including the Willy’s Firecider Vinegar. There is no need to chop or peel any of the veggies. Simply slice the onion in half! Ensure that the bones are completely submerged in water.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and allow to cook, covered, for 8-24 hours, based on preference and time available.
- Once the broth is cooked to the desired length, strain through a fine mesh sieve, and allow to come to room temperature.
- Refrigerate the broth overnight, allowing the fat to solidify on top. (If preferred, the fat can be removed and discarded once it has hardened overnight.)
- Use the broth for soups, stews, to add to other dishes or for straight sipping!
For this recipe, we recommend: