Green Fridge Raid Herby Drizzle
Sauces and Dips
This fridge raid herby drizzle is so simple and speedy and livens up any dish, as well as saving sad herbs and giving them a new lease of life! Here I’ve drizzled it on a quick leftover soup of cooked spaghetti, with tomato sauce and veg. It was so delicious! You could use this drizzle to stir through pasta or chickpeas or garlicky beans. Toss roast potatoes in the sauce or “smash’ roast potatoes with the back of a spoon and then drizzle this on top. It would even be super yummy on leftover roast chicken. Or combine with yoghurt as a dip. Spread onto toast and make an epic green cheesey toastie. The possibilities are endless!
Prep time: 10 mins
- Small Handful basil or coriander, leaves and stalks
- Small Handful parsley, leaves and stalks or mint leaves (but not mint stalks!)
- Big handful salad leaves eg watercress, rocket, baby spinach or a little kale or cavolo
- 1 tsp – ish of fresh thyme or rosemary or oregano – if not leave out or add ½ tsp dried
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- ½ a lemon and a little zest or 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- a little pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tsp honey – for that spicy sweet punch!
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Simply combine everything in your blender and whizz, adding 1 tbsp of water if you need it to get going. Taste for seasoning and use straight away or keep in the fridge for a few days.