Healthy blueberry muffins
Breakfast / Baked
Fancy a spot of healthy baking? These blueberry muffins are perfect as they contain only natural sweeteners to help satisfy your sweet tooth!
Prep and cook time: 30 mins
- 240 grams almond flour
- 43 grams cup arrowroot powder (can also use tapioca flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 85 grams cup maple syrup
- 72 grams coconut oil, melted (can use butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp Willy’s Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- Start by preheating the oven to 175c and grab a muffin tin. Line the muffin tin with liners or reusable liners. (You can also spray a non-stick pan!)
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk together to combine.
- In another bowl, add the wet ingredients. (Just be sure the melted coconut oil isn’t too hot or it will cook the eggs!) Whisk until you have one, cohesive mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until combined. It will be a thick cake batter texture.
- Before adding the blueberries to the mixture, toss them in 1 teaspoon of arrowroot powder to ensure they don’t all sink to the bottom! One coated, mix into the batter.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean!
For this recipe, we recommend: