Honey, Ginger and Lemon Shrub
A healthy and refreshing alcohol alternative. The combination of honey, ginger & lemon creates a delightful shrub. A perfect cocktail for all of the seasons.
Prep time: 5 mins
1 half of a fresh ginger (grated)
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
sugar alternative to taste
120ml Willy’s Honey and Turmeric ACV
- In a saucepan add your honey, grated ginger and zest, sugar alternative, lemon juice and water and stir on a low heat.
- Pour in your ACV and stir until combined and keep stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Place a fine-mesh strainer/sieve with a muslin cloth over a bowl and pour in the pulp.
- Let everything drain on its own. Do not press (as tempting as it is) through the strainer otherwise you’ll end up with the pulp in the syrup.
- Pour your syrup into a glass jar (kilner is ideal) and store the shrub in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- To make your cocktail, simply place 4 tbsp of your Honey, Ginger and Turmeric shrub mixture followed by crushed ice and ginger beer and serve with sliced oranges or sliced lemon.