Miso Shiitake ACV Ramen
Easy homemade Miso Shiitake ACV Ramen, with a flavourful broth, fresh veggies, lots of noodles, and a dash of gut healthy ACV. Inspired by traditional Japanese ramen, but on the table in under half an hour.
Time: 25 mins
- ½ cup of shiitake mushrooms
- 3 1/2 cups unsweetened vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp living miso paste
- 1/2 fresh sweetheart cabbage
- 2 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 -2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp cold pressed sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 handful mung bean sprouts, or any sprouts
- 4 portions soba noodles(or any other noodles you prefer)
- ½ cup raw peanuts
- 1 nori sheet, torn into smaller pieces
- Clean the mushrooms, cutting the bigger ones in half. Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Put it all in a pot with the rest of the broth ingredients and bring to a boil. Let simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- Shred the cabbage, fry on a low to medium heat using the sesame oil until slightly crisp and golden brown. Pour over the tamari and let it absorb, then remove from heat.
- Boil the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Divide the noodles, veggies, and sprouts in 2-4 bowls. Add the broth. Garnish with herbs, peanuts, and nori.
Ready to serve!