Raw Mince Pie Slices
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo
Prep time: 20 mins
- 1 cup almond flour or ground almonds
- 1 tbsp maple
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 5 large medjool dates
- 50g dried currants
- 50g dried cranberries
- Juice from one orange
- 1 tbsp Willy’s Honey and Turmeric ACV
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large pinch nutmeg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 apple, grated
- Coconut butter
- Candied orange peel or orange zest
- Line a bread pan or small baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground almonds/almond flour, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir until a wet, crumbly mixture forms. Press into the pan into a set, flat layer. Place the pan in the freezer while making the filling!
- To make the filling, add the dates, cranberries, currants, orange juice, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar to a food processor. Process until a thick, chunky paste forms.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dried fruit paste with the grated apple, cinnamon and nutmeg until a cohesive mixture forms.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and top with the filling mixture. Smooth into a flat, smooth layer and re-place the bars in the freezer. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove the from freezer and use the parchment to lift the bars from the pan. Slice into desired sizes and drizzle with melted coconut butter. Top with orange zest or orange peel, if desired! Enjoy!