ROASTED CORN + CHICKPEA CHEESY BEAN TOASTS
Meals / Breakfast
Stuff on toasts, in jacket sweet potatoes or even all over roasted veg!
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp salt to taste
- 1/3 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup almond milk
FILLING / TOPPING
- 2 fresh corn on the cobs or 3/4 cup tinned / frozen
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tin chickpeas (rinsed + drained)
- 2 – 3 tbsp water to thin
- 4 slices toast of choice
- Optional pinch of chilli flakes to serve + black pepper
- Soak the cashews in boiling water for 2 hours. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 180 fan. If using fresh corn, remove the husks + corn kernels using a sharp knife.
- Add to a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. If using tinned, rinse and drain. If using frozen, place in a mug with boiling water and allow to stand for 5 mins. Rinse + drain. Toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil + pinch of salt.
- Roast the corn for 20 mins until slightly charred, turning once.
- Add soaked chickpeas plus all the cashew cheese ingredients to a high speed blender @vitamixuk and blitz until super smooth. About 2 mins.
- Add cashew cheese to pan with the chickpeas and corn. Heat on a med / low heat until warm, thinning with 2 – 3 tbsp of water or to your liking.
- Serve over toasts or in a jacket sweet potato and top with black pepper and optional chilli flakes.
Thanks to Jo from @modernfoodstories for this recipe. Check out her Instagram for more recipe inspo!