Roasted Winter Vegetables
This recipe for roasted winter vegetables is a perfect side dish. You can add or substitute other items, like red onions, sweet potatoes, and more, according to your preference or what’s available.
Prep time: 15 mins
- 300 grams carrots, cleaned and sliced lengthwise
- 300 grams parsnips, cleaned and sliced lengthwise
- 400 grams brussels sprouts, cleaned and sliced in half
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large sprig of fresh thyme or rosemary
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp Willy’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- Pomegranate seeds
- Optional: pine nuts for topping
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Onto the parchment paper, add the carrots, parsnips, brussels sprouts and onion.
- Toss the vegetables with the coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and salt.
- Remove the thyme or rosemary from the sprig and sprinkle over the vegetables.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30-45 minutes or until the vegetables are golden and soft.
- Once removed from the oven, sprinkle with fresh pomegranate seeds and pine nuts (if using). Enjoy!