Sourdough Apple and Cranberry Stuffing
A fragrant and flavourful alternative to traditional stuffing. This side is the ultimate upgrade!
Makes: 8 servings
Cook time: 30 – 40 mins
- 500 grams of stale sourdough bread, cubed
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- Salt + pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 70 mls Willy’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 pink lady apples, chopped
- 50 grams dried cranberries
- 50 grams chopped pecans
- To get stale sourdough bread, simply chop a fresh loaf into large cubes and leave on the counter uncovered over night the night before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees and get out a large baking dish.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat, add the oil, onion, garlic and celery. Sautee for 5 minutes or until soft.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, chicken broth and vinegar.
- In a large bowl, add the bread, sautéed veggies, apples, cranberries and pecans. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry and mix until the stuffing is thoroughly moist.
- Lay in one single layer in the baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until its golden brown on top!