Sweet Potato, Apple and Thyme Soup
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30-40 mins
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 sweet apples such as a pink lady or other favourite variety, cored and chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp oil – olive, coconut or avocado
- 1 tsp salt
- 6-10 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 litre bone broth or stock (chicken, beef or vegetable all work) at room temperature or cold
- 4 tbsp Willy’s Turmeric and Honey Apple Cider Vinegar
- Extra salt to taste
- Coconut milk for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a large baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the sweet potato, onion, apple, thyme and garlic to the baking dish. Drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat.
- Bake the vegetables for 30-40 minutes or until tender and slightly golden.
- Using the parchment paper, pick up the vegetable mixture and add to a blender or food processor.
- Add the broth or stock to the vegetables along with the Willy’s Apple Cider Vinegar. Pulse or blend until the soup is thick and smooth. (Be very careful blending hot liquids. This is why using room temperature or cold broth is desirable here.)
- Add the blended soup to a pot to heat on the stove. Taste and add extra salt if desired.
- To serve, ladle into the bowls + drizzle with coconut milk. Enjoy!