Tomato, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
Meals / Sides
You’ll be sure to get a diverse array of nutrients from this vibrant salad! Great for a light lunch or a side for your dinner.
Prep time: 15 mins
- 1 bag of washed rocket
- 100 grams of soft goat cheese
- 12-16 cherry tomatoes
- Pomegranate seeds
- Sunflower or sesame seeds
- Flax seed
- Pine nuts
- 3-8 roasted or pickled beets
- Optional: thinly sliced fennel
- 4 tbsp Willy’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup, optional
- 125 mls extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh or dried mint
- Start by making the dressing – add all of the ingredients to a small jar and shake, or add to a bowl and whisk the dressing until it comes together.
- To make the salads, start by dividing the rocket among the desired number of plates. Top the rocket with the cherry tomatoes, beets and portions of the goat cheese (also include thinly sliced fennel here, if using).
- To finish the salads, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, sunflower or sesame, flax and pine nuts before drizzling generously with the vinaigrette and serving.