Walnut Lentil Salad with ACV Dressing
Meals / Sauces and Dips
A lovely wholesome salad with a homemade dressing – healthy, simple and delicious!
Time: 20 mins
For the salad:
- 250g parsnips
- 375-400g cooked lentils
- 1 lettuce
- 50g organic soft cheese, or vegan cheese
- 100g walnuts
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp ACV (apple cider vinegar)
- 1 ½ tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the parsnip into 3cm chunks and toss with olive oil in a large roasting tin, seasoning well. Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway. Place the walnut in a smaller roasting tin and put in the oven for the final 4-5 minutes of the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Drain the lentils and toss them into the dressing.
- Clean and cut the lettuce, then toss through the lentils, mix well, and arrange in a large bowl.
- When the salad is ready, spoon the dressing over it and top with the chunks of delicious Cotton white cheese, a dash of black pepper – or any herbs like tarragon, or parsley – and a final squeeze of lemon.
Note: The Dijon-honey dressing will store in your fridge for up to a week or more and can be used to add flavour to salad, on a toast, and an earthy roast vegetables.