Willy’s Quick and Easy Pickle Recipe
Pickling is the process of preserving food by either fermentation in brine or immersion in vinegar. The pickling procedure creates a delicious and refreshing tangy taste. You can pickle a variety of vegetables, from courgettes to beetroot, from onions to cabbage… the options are endless!
Prep time: 10 mins
- 120ml Willy’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 40ml water
- 1 cucumber
- 2 garlic cloves
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1⁄2 fresh red chilli (or chilli flakes)
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 preserving jar
1. Heat the vinegar, water, salt and honey on a medium heat until the honey has dissolved.
2. Meanwhile, slice the cucumber in half to shorten and then slice lengthways to the thickness of a pound coin.
3. De-seed and thinly slice the chilli lengthways and thinly slice the garlic cloves.
4. Add the cucumber, chilli and garlic along with the mustard seeds to a pre-sterilised jar.
5. Add the vinegar liquid to cover the cucumber sticks (add extra vinegar if necessary).
6. Cool before storing in the fridge.
The pickle should keep for about a week.
Thanks to Karen for this beautiful photography. Check out her Instagram here!