Winter Spiced Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with ACV Cabbage Slaw
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp avocado, olive or coconut oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ a small red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 large handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Willy’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- Generous pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 2 large sweet potatoes directly into the oven to roast while preparing the other ingredients. (Depending on the size of the sweet potatoes, they will need 30-50 minutes to soften the entire way through.)
- Toss the drained and rinsed chickpeas with the spices and oil. Spead over the parchment lined baking sheet and place in the oven alongside of the potatoes. Bake the chick peas for 25 minutes or until golden and just crisp.
- To prepare the slaw, mix the cabbage, carrot, onion and coriander in a bowl. Pour the apple cider vinegar and oil over the slaw mixture. Sprinkle with salt and toss.
- Once the potatoes are soft, slice in half and pile high with ½ of the roasted chick peas. Top with the cabbage slaw and enjoy!