Winter Warming Apple Cider Drink
Warm up a cold winters night with this warming apple cider recipe. It makes a perfectly spiced, healthy, and easy hot apple cider that the whole family can enjoy.
Time: 25 mins
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 tbsp orange zest
- 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (per serving)
- pure honey, optional for added sweetness
- Combine spices in a sauce pan and cook over medium-high heat until aromatic, about 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the nutmeg, and stir to combine. The, add in the apple juice and orange zest. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, depending on how strong you like your cider.
- Pour juice through a fine-mesh sieve, into a mug.
- Allow to cool slightly and then stir in the apple cider vinegar and optional honey.