health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar isn’t only great as an addition to recipes, it is also the ultimate health elixir. ACV has a wide array of health benefits and therefore is a great addition to your daily routine.
ACV is effective in weight loss, stabilising blood pressure, lowering cholesterol, improving symptoms of arthritis and so much more. Furthermore, ACV contains acetic acid which can help to improve skin and hair health.
Is apple cider vinegar a probiotic?
Yes! Willy’s organic apple cider vinegar with live mother is a natural probiotic containing friendly bacteria that benefits the immune system and gut health. If you’re looking for probiotics to add to your diet, try Willy’s organic apple cider vinegar to kick start your healthy habits.
Top 5 health benefits of apple cider vinegar
Aiding weight loss
ACV is a natural and cost-effective way to prevent fat accumulation without any side effects. Research shows that ACV is effective in aiding weight loss in several ways:
- Suppressing appetite: it has been suggested that the acetate in ACV may suppress centres in the brain that control appetite and makes you feel fuller, therefore likely reducing overeating.
- Decreasing insulin levels: studies have found that acetic acid reduced the ratio of insulin to glucagon. This has been linked to increased fat burning.
- Improving metabolism: acetic acid has been linked to an increase in the enzyme AMPK. This enzyme can boost fat burning and decrease fat and sugar production in the liver.
- Lowering blood sugar levels: acetic acid can improve the ability of the liver and muscles to take up sugar from the blood. In addition to this, it is believed to block the enzymes that help to digest starch. This means that blood sugar levels stay more stable and blood sugar spikes are prevented.
- Burning fat: studies have found a link between acetic acid intake and an increase in the genes responsible for fat burning, consequently leading to a reduction in body fat build-up.
- Curbing sugar cravings: Many people find that Apple Cider Vinegar is great for curbing sugar cravings. ACV contains acetic acid known mainly for its antimicrobial properties. However, some research shows that it may also help regulate blood sugar and insulin levels, which can lead to a reduction in sugar cravings.
Supporting the immune system
70% of your immune system is found within the gut! Therefore, promoting the good gut bacteria (through probiotics in ACV) can help to fight away disease and infection (due to their anti-bacterial properties) as well as reduce the number of bad bacteria that reside in the gut.
Enhancing gut health and improving digestion
Apple cider vinegar, like other fermented foods and drinks, contains probiotics which are healthy bacteria populating your gut. Probiotics have many benefits, ranging from helping digestion to improving mood.
These friendly gut bacteria within the Mother of ACV support gut health and help to reduce stomach problems like indigestion or heartburn. This is because ACV neutralises stomach acid and fights harmful bacteria due to its antimicrobial properties.
Apple cider vinegar also contains pectin, a water-soluble fibre that can help improve your overall bowel movements.
Balancing cholesterol levels and lowering blood pressure
High cholesterol levels have been associated with an increased risk of stroke and heart attacks. Recent studies have found that regular consumption of ACV can help to reduce ‘harmful cholesterol’ (low-density lipoprotein (LDL)) whilst maintaining the ‘good cholesterol’ levels in the body (high-density lipoprotein (HDL)).
High blood pressure, also termed hypertension, is a very common health problem worldwide. Essentially, high blood pressure is when the pressure in blood vessels is unusually high which can be serious if left untreated. Several lifestyle changes such as regular exercise and healthy eating can help to lower high blood pressure, but research has also found that ACV can help. ACV is a natural remedy with no side effects so maybe a great way of reducing the impacts. ACV acts by lowering the levels of ‘bad cholesterol’ (LDL) as mentioned above. This reduces the risk of conditions like high blood pressure.
Improving skin and hair health
ACV makes the perfect beauty product resulting in glowing skin and shiny hair. ACV enhances blood circulation in the skin capillaries which helps to keep the skin healthy. Also, due to ACV’s natural antimicrobial properties, it can help to prevent skin infections caused by bacteria and viruses. ACV is naturally acidic which can help to balance pH levels and has an exfoliating effect leaving skin feeling soft and smooth.
Using ACV as a natural skin toner is a great way to prevent breakouts. ACV contains organic acids, such as lactic, citric, malic acids and acetic acid. These may help to kill the bacteria causing acne by exfoliating the skin and removing dead skin cells to reveal a new layer of healthy skin. The acid is antibacterial and removes oil while the vinegar’s pH balancing properties calm your skin. Simply dab a cotton ball with the vinegar and gently rub it over your face before going to bed.
Using an ACV hair rinse regularly can rid dandruff and oily hair. Hair that looks dull, brittle, or frizzy is commonly more alkaline (higher on the pH scale). ACV helps to lower the pH and bring hair back to its balance. Furthermore, due to its antimicrobial properties, it may help control the bacteria or fungi that can lead to scalp and hair problems, such as minor infections or itchiness.
Shop here for your daily dose of Willy’s ACV to reap all these benefits and more!
Organic Live Fire Cider Apple Cider Vinegar 500ml£7.40 – £40.00 incl VAT
Organic Live Turmeric & Honey Apple Cider Vinegar 500ml£7.40 – £40.00 incl VAT
Organic Live Apple Cider Vinegar 500ml£7.40 – £40.00 incl VAT